budget harp pedal train

Gewoon even lekker kwekken over alles wat met blues, of totaal niet, te maken heeft
baddog
DBF Beginner

budget harp pedal train

Bericht door baddog »

How to build a budget blues harp effect chain
Don’t let anyone fool you that pedal for the harp are any different from guitar ones
They all rely on very similar circuitry and no one has reinvented the wheel when it comes to blues harp effects pedals
Lest start with the overdrive pedal instead of paying lots of money (f im not knocking the commercially available harp pedals as I own several and am very pleased with them ) the idea of this post is to help the beginner on budget build a cheap effect board
So we have a commercially available harp overdrive pedal that relays on clipping led’s for distortion.
My budget option that sounds almost identical is the Mooer Solo Distortion

For my optical compression I also use the mooer yellowcomp ( or the dod280 Harp squash kit for 40 euros if you want to build your own )
Next I have a boost pedal that helps that maximize the output of your ( this is my own pedal called the little red Booster and is available as a kit for about 40 euros and very easy to build even for a total amateur ( and you get to customize the pedals look yourself how cool is that )
Delay by a commercially available one but avoid digital
As for feedback killers that’s up to you if think one is necessary
Finally for a balanced signal into the pa if you don’t want to lug your heavy amp about
I use a di/box cab simulator
So let do the Sums
Comercially available price in Euros budget option price in Euros

Harp ovedrive 186 Mooer Solo Distortion 69

Harp compressor 195 dod280 kit 40
Harp delay 194 69

optical maximiser 124 euros Harp boost 40

Total 699 218

Extras not nessecary

Harp tone pedal 186

harp anti feedback 166

octave 186

As you can see its perfectly possible to build a budget harp effect pedal train on budget
You’ll be surprised at the results
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Bluescafé”